I read a lot of articles about “what successful people do”. It’s the same thing that they do every other day. As Aristotle said, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” Bud also we can have a lot of habits point us as unsuccessful people.
With respect to Steven Covey and his famous book “The 7 habits of successful people” and to all other writers with books, articles, posts about “The 5 – 13 -27 – 33 – 49 …… whatever number of habits” and tips how to be a good manager, leader and team player and after been more than 35 years working with managers, leaders, owners, colleges, I can count some habits I found all unsuccessful people have in common.
I can easily call them “The 7 Habits of unsuccessful people in practice” and I strongly recommend my friends to avoid them.
- Use “The art of not taking decisions”, just leave them for the ….. next week or the week after. We don’t have to be solution focus persons. Ask opinions for your main concerns from anyone and change your mind every time you hear something different. So, never take decisions.
- “Hide things under the carpet”. If I can translate the Greek expression that means don’t give solutions to the problems, leave and hide them and the solution will appear in the moon light with a magic way.
- Team playing is a waste of time. Do everything by yourself in order to avoid mistakes, be self centralized person. Be egoistic person nobody can do the job better than you. Never delegate projects, keep them for you.
- Never think before you act. Act negative immediately with people’s mistakes. Treat employees as they are lucky to have a job with you. Don’t treat others the way they’d like to be treated. There is no need to have emotions control or to understand the importance of discipline and self-control.
- Ignore numbers. Take any kind of decisions ignoring relevant data. Numbers are useless. It’s not necessary to gather information before reaching conclusions. To calculated risks – financial, emotional, professional, it’s a waste of time.
- You don’t have to be an organized person. To write everything down, to make a list, to file, to make plan and goal setting, to keep a calendar or pick your priority Jobs it’s a really waste of time. Spent your time without pririoritize events, actions, meetings, family.
- Don’t listen, speak. Never ask the right and wait the answers. There is no reason to listen or try to understand others. If you are a good speaker then you are good communicator.
Keep away ……..